POSITION : Part-Time Studio Assistant (10 to 20 hrs / week)
START : July 2021
LOCATION : Kent, Ohio USA 44240
APPLICATIONS : Please apply by June 25th
ABOUT HAZELMADE :
Hazelmade is a collection of illustrated paper and home goods by owner and designer, Susan Hazel Rich located in Kent, Ohio. Each Hazelmade product is thoughtfully hand-drawn and carefully paired with the highest quality environmentally friendly papers, durable cotton fabrics, and minimal earth friendly packaging. Susan is proud to say her entire line is Midwest Made and USA Sourced. The products can be found online at shopHazelmade.com and in over 400+ stores nationwide. Hazelmade products are functional pieces of art with bold colors, fresh florals, and a modern twist on vintage themes; they are a beautiful addition to any home.
ABOUT THE JOB :
The part-time Studio Assistant position is primarily responsible for the assembling of a wide range of Hazelmade products in an organized, efficient, and systems-oriented manner while maintaining a level of quality that has come to define our products with our customers. This position will handle the full cycle; from product packaging, to order fulfillment and shipping with a keen eye for creating a beautiful presentation and positive experience for all clients. The ideal candidate has exceptional attention to detail, ability to work independently, and is able to sit / stand for extended periods of time while performing tedious tasks.
- Package products - may include, but are not limited to: folding, stickering, assembling boxes, sorting, counting, etc.
- Review products for quality control
- Maintain efficiency + accuracy
- Track supply levels and communicate to Studio Manager
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Foster a positive work environment and a cooperative team dynamic
IDEAL CANDIDATES :
- Excitement about working for an independent brand which is creating thoughtfully designed products driven by values of beauty, durability, sustainability and USA made.
- Ability to work with your hands assembling small components
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while working quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Self-starter that works well independently and in a team
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climbing ladder to source supplies
- Ability to prioritize list of tasks and manage time independently
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
BONUS QUALITIES :
- Copywriting and / or editing skills
- Social media writing, content development, and maintenance
- Management experience
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Customer service skills
- Experience with Google Docs, Shopify, Mailchimp, HubSpot, Trunk Inventory, Faire, Etsy, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Other, we’re a small studio - every skill counts, tell us what you're excited about and what you'd like to contribute to our studio
WHAT WE OFFER :
- Employee discount on Hazelmade products
- Seasonal bonuses
- Open, supportive + collaborative environment
- Room to grow, contribute and create opportunity
APPLICATION PROCESS :
Email info@shopHazelmade.com the following items:
- Resume / CV (attached to email as PDF)
- Cover Letter (attached to email as PDF)
- Include on both PDFs, Your First + Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number
- Email Subject Line, "Part-Time Studio Assistant"
For the health and safety of our entire team, and in consideration of current CDC guidelines with regards to certain limitations of our space, and Ohio State law, we are requiring team members to be vaccinated. As part of our hiring process you may be asked if you are willing to disclose your vaccination status. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We recognize vaccination exceptions for religious or disability accommodations.